HSBC Assistant Vice President US Public Policy Associate in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Associate Position in US Public Policy would report to the Head of Public Policy, HSBC North America, and would:
- Support implementation of the Company’s engagement with key policymakers at the Federal level.
- Track and document the Company’s views and activities on significant issues.
- Prepare background materials, including policy analysis and hearing/markup reports for business lines and other internal audiences.
- Assist in working with internal and external partners to communicate the Company’s views, and to ensure consistency of policy positions between the US and global teams.
- Review and disseminate Company research approved for public use.
Assist in administration of political action committee
Impact on the Business
Execute Public Policy initiatives and other Group/HNAH projects. Lead, manage, review, guide and support enhanced and effective processes across the business/function.
Meet with Publicy Policy team management to discuss and respond to their needs for financial, reporting, project management and/or operational support. Assist in development and/or maintenance of related plans, budgets, timeframes, reports and presentations as appropriate.
Leadership & Teamwork
Coordinate activities with other areas of the Company as required to ensure smooth implementation of new and/or enhanced processes, procedures, reports, etc.
Ensure timeliness and accuracy of responses, adherence to internal policies and external regulations and maximized contribution to economic profit.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Identify opportunities to automate or modify activities or procedures to increase efficiency and maintain a competitive advantage.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
The major challenges of this role are to manage competing priorities, insure communication with and support of stakeholders, and successfully roll out initiatives.
This position works closely with Public Policy stakeholders at the direction of the Head of Public Policy, HSBC North America, to insure cost controls, effective implementation, and planning for all financial and administrative initiatives in the legal function.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
This position requires an individual with:
Excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ability to convey complex policy issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong capabilities with designing and producing written presentations, power points, and information documents (e.g. Outlook applications).
- Knowledge and interest in public policy and government, including familiarity with Congress and financial regulators.
- Understanding of financial services and other business issues.
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Undergraduate degree. EEO/AA/Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans
Job: *Communications and Public Relations
Title: Assistant Vice President US Public Policy Associate
Location: District Of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 0000AGYQ