Vencore Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The candidate will be responsible for providing System Engineering and Integration support to a significant multi-million dollar major integration contract. The candidate will work with senior management, technical project directors, systems engineers, customer stakeholders, mission partners, and development contractors to ensure system development and integration priorities are properly allocated and to manage the execution of the contract. The candidate will be the right hand liaison to the customer and must be able to identify integration issues and assist in the resolution of such issues through TEMs, cross-organizational coordination, and other appropriate methods. The candidate will be responsible for providing input to senior management; these inputs could include schedule data, monthly status reports, budget reports and requests, and weekly highlights. The candidate will provide project management support for quick-turnaround projects; to include development of budget plans, project plans, resource plans, logistics, requirements, and architecture design. Additionally, the candidate will support the contract in developing long-term mission roadmaps and projecting long-term budget, resource, and schedule plans.
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of digital communications, electrical engineering and/or related IT communications technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Systems Engineering analysis across mission to understand common activities and look for efficiencies with coordinated project support.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up to support the customer’s needs, clearly communicate (orally & written) ideas, work autonomously, take the initiative to provide creative alternatives to intractable challenges or systemic problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers providing detailed and unbiased feedback, guidance, and recommendations
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Good time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Experience with meeting facilitation and coordination, participated in boards and other project milestone meetings
- Experience tracking project funds for current year and planning for out-year budgets.
- Assist project program with customer system accreditation approvals/resolution process and tools approvals as needed.
- Assist in the development of briefings and other artifacts required for the contract.
- Coordinate with mission partners and systems development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Prior customer experience.
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
Job ID 2018-50101
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time