Solutions By Design II, LLC Front End Java Developer in Fairfax, Virginia
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is looking for a talented Front End Java Developer to develop the front-end UI of our new web-based applications for our Federal Health IT client at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
If you’re innovative and interested in creating a progressive environment by writing the code that moves you forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine functionality with optimal system design.
The Developer will be assisting in building a new enterprise web-enabled business application and will also support other content management system development efforts. This includes the design, development, test, and implementation of the web UI development and page content.
- Define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience using Agile processes
- Product management
- Use dynamic template HTML markup languages to create user-friendly web pages
- Develop and improve application design
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, security, stability, and availability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers to improve usability
- Write functional commenting in codebase; create technical documents and guides
- Rapidly create quality proof-of-concepts and prototypes from mockups and discussion
- Code automated tests and troubleshooting
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 2+ years of experience in Agile delivery
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners.
- Proven work experience in Java Spring
- Strong background in (Java) REST API integration using SSL and RBAC (auth)
- Strong development knowledge of Java messaging and web services (Jetty, etc.)
- integrating with dynamic HTML markup template engines
- Familiarity with network testing and debugging in a Linux environment
- Proficient experience in rapid UI development from mockups
- Demonstrated understanding of AWS cloud environments
- In-depth understanding of NoSQL database structure and application
- Experience working with Maven, Gradle, or similar Java build tools
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
Experience with many of the following tools and technology is required: Java Spring, Log4j, JUnit, JMS, RESTful APIs/Jersey, JSON, CSS, bootstrap, AngularJS, Jetty/Grizzly, JKS, OpenSSL, FreeMarker, Uberjar, Linux, Unix Shell scripting, AWS platform, JIRA, GitHub, Confluence, Jenkins C.1
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Location: Fairfax, VA
Date Posted: Date Posted: