Inova Health Systems CLINICAL RESEARCH NURSE in FAIRFAX, Virginia
The primary function of the Clinical Research Nurse is to coordinate the conduct of oncology clinical research protocols in the ambulatory and/or hospital settings with an emphasis on the screening, enrollment, and monitoring of patients. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as primary study coordinator for research protocols performed at Inova Schar Cancer Institute.
- Directs the conduct of clinical studies to ensure adherence to the research protocol, institutional policies, and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Screens patient records for identification of prospective candidates for research protocols.
- Educates potential research participants about research protocols and obtains informed consent in accordance with institutional policy, IRB guidance, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participates in site initiation visits and investigator meetings for assigned clinical trials (may involve travel).
- Provide education for hospital /clinic personnel about upcoming and ongoing research protocols.
- Record research activities in clinical trial management system (CTMS).
- Coordinates the collection of data according to the research protocol and other study documents.
- Draws, prepares, and ships laboratory samples for clinical trials.
- Maintains investigational drug/device dispensing accountability and shipping logs according to protocol guidelines.
- Performs ECGs, phlebotomy, and other assessments in accordance with the study protocol.
- Partner with study investigators to ensure compliance with the study protocol and advises investigators on the results of procedures and tests; calling attention to findings of clinical importance.
- Documents patient interactions and visits in electronic medical records.
- Schedules follow-up visits for study patients according to the study protocol and clinic schedule.
- Completes accurate and complete data entry into case report forms or other computer based databases.
- Schedules and undergoes sponsor initiated monitor visits and quality assurance audits for periodic reviewing and querying of collected data in a timely fashion.
- Identifies strategies to improve patient enrollment in research protocols in collaboration with Principal Investigator.
- Travel to local physician office on occasion to complete research participant visits or physician/staff education.
- EEO: M/F/Vets/Disabled
BSN and/or RN:3 years nursing/healthcare experience plus 1 year research. RN with Virginia license. BLS required.
Work Site Address: 8505 ARLINGTON BLVD
Work Site City/State: FAIRFAX, VA